Chrome Full Screen Alt-Tab Closes Window
Our computer support team noticed an annoying bug in the latest version of Chrome. When trying to view full screen windows for streaming applications or just in general. Normally when in Full Screen view a Windows user can press Alt-Tab to switch to another window. With the new version of Chrome this causes the Full Screen window to close. Arg. Google is aware of the problem and promises to fix it with the next update.
A temporary workaround is to install a Full Screen tool. It’s relatively simple and a handy extension for when you want to use Full Screen with an application that doesn’t have a button to do so. Here are the instructions
- Start Chrome Normally
- Click Customize Chrome button in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Extensions in the upper left corner of the window.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Get More Extensions
- Type “Fullscreen Anything” in the search
- Click + Free next to the Fullscreen Anything Extension
- Click Add
- Close and Restart Chrome
- Navigate to whatever site you wish to view Full Screen and click the Fullscreen icon in the upper right or from the drop-down menu.
I hope that alleviates a frustrating problem. I know it did for me.
See our Computer Support Pagefor more information on desktop support and computer productivity.